Monday, March 3, 2008

Philly Flower Show (Part 1)

I went to the Philadelphia Flower Show and served as a judge. This is the first time I have physically been in the show. I had great time. Judging was very difficult since all of the entries are so good. We worked from 8am to 2:30pm to finish submitting all the categories and best of the blues. This one has received the best of the blues. It is such a master piece. We can't stop looking at all the details.

Many of the guild members have participated. I am very happy to see that. Many have won ribbons.



There was a student judge with us. I found out that they have to serve as a student judge (their points would not be counted) to learn before they could serve as a regular judge. She told me that her mentor told her to go to Kate Chu's website to learn about pressed flowers before coming to the show. Wow! I am so honored. Many other judges knew about me too. I worked very well with the other two judges in our team. They said that they have actually learned a few things from me. I am glad.

No comments: