Saturday, June 21, 2008

1st day at the conference

We had a wonderful day at the conference. I am so happy to see some old friends and meeting some friends I have met online for the first time.
My mom attended our opening. Well, she has grown flowers and pressed for one of my classes I will teach. I am so proud of of her.

Our inspiration Cellestine made to the conference. She has even done a demo of her framing method to us. I am so happy to finally see her in person.

The competition result is announced at the conference. Unfortunately I have left the result sheet inside the classroom so please be patient for one more day. Here are the 3 first place winners. It is too bad that I cannot remember the persons' names for category 1 and category 3.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Kate - it looks like you are having a great time at the conference and the words on your blog look gorgeous. You are such a talent! My cousin Heather will be coming up here after the conference so I am sure she will be anxious to show me all her 'treasures' that she did with you all. Looking forward to seeing them. Hopefully one day I will be able to go to one of your conferences! Continued good luck.
Hugs,
Sharon in Ottawa

Kate Chu said...

Hi Sharon,
I am sure you are having fun with Heather by now. Hope you two will come to China for our next conference in 2010.