Thursday, November 26, 2009

Cruise - 2009 Vacation Part 4

It was showering the day we get on the cruise ship in Istanbul. We took our time enjoying breakfast in the hotel. Waiting for the bus we have asked the hotel to arranged at the lobby, we have met yet another couple from the US going to the same cruise.

Bus arrived shortly. Staff from the hotel helped us to move the luggage on the bus. There were people going to two cruise ships so we had a large bus.

Bus went through the Golden Horn bridge. Our cruise ship was docked on the other side.
There were many fishing on the bridge.
I had planned to get out on the side where ship docked to look around. Well, the weather wasn't cooperating. It was showering most of the time after we got on the cruise ship. We have already seen all the must see sites. No one wanted to go out. Then we just enjoy the cruise facilities. Ship sailed the next day. It was a little rough. Captain was not able to come to the welcoming party. We appreciate him being on the bridge more. Other senior officers hosted the party well. I understood my limitations on motion sickness so I have already gotten a couple packages of medicines from the ship's medical facility. I took just 1/4 of the adult dosage since I am very sensitive to this kind of medicine. That was just the right amount. I had great time dancing and enjoyed dinner.

We were on this ship last year going to the Mexican Riviera. Everything was familiar coming back. The ship's maintenance has been super. Everything still look spotless and shinny after more than 1 year. All the staff were just as hospitable as before.

Ship took more than a day sailing from Rhodes to Israel. We had another formal night. I think I better wear these pretty dresses before getting too old. I enjoyed dancing again. Music was pretty good on this cruise - a lot better than the Mexican cruise last year.

Lots of walking and all the dancing helped me not gaining any weight although eating a lot on the cruise.

No comments: