Friday, March 11, 2011

2011 Philadelphia International Flower Show Part 5–My Friends

We will take a small break from all the exciting pressed flower pictures to talk about all the happy moments for me in Philly. The best was meeting all the friends.

I have served as an advisor to judges this year. I don’t have to do the hard work of scoring entries but I took all the apprentice judges under my wing. Plus I have the responsibility of answering all the questions from judges.

I got in Philly Friday night. We had a quick look before the show after dinner. Pressed Plant area were all setup at that time but there are still many people busy working on other displays.

DSC06097IMG_6893

The doors were opened in the morning on Saturday since many people were still doing setup. I had to wear my thick tight that I have found in Hong Kong to double up since my California pants are not made for withstand cold weather. I also have thermo underwear. I am just not used to wearing so many layers. Fortunately it is not so bad that we have to wear the thick jacket.

DSC06180DSC06181IMG_7090IMG_7092IMG_7158

Every year we meet on Sunday to have Chinese food. Chinatown is just next to the convention center. This small restaurant is our favorite.

I have just received a thank you card from one of the judges I worked with in the show. I am so moved. Actually, I was just doing what I supposed to. Rita (Chair person) has asked me right after judging whether they can count on me being an advisor next year. I like to but still cannot promise. It is too far away. I have to check if I can get away from work.

IMG_7217

No comments: