Sunday, January 6, 2008

Framed Pressed Flower Art

This original Chinese painting picture has been with me for many years. I bought it from the artist in Hong Kong. He and his wife were selling outside of the bank on weekends. I liked his style but were not sure about the ones they had in display. I described the picture I had in mind. He said that he has a painting fitting my description but it was not something most of the people were buying so they have left it home. He promised to bring it the next week. It is exactly what I was looking for. That year was 1995. I was still in my learning stage on pressed flower art. I did not have any confidence back then creating something good enough for home decoration.

Well, I have just framed my Wild Flower 3. This one is a print yet if I was not the one framing it, I would not be able to tell it is a print. I like it so much it is on my wall now. The waterlily is moving somewhere else.

My house is still a total mess when I am in my "production" phrase. This corner is the only place we don't have to move things around before we can sit down. No one is complaining. Doug is happy looking at all the pieces. I am going to wrap up some and move them to storage so we don't always have to watch before stepping down.

1 comment:

Lee Hough said...

Hi, Kate...Theresa sent me the newsletter, as well. I saw your note in there about the conference. Good job!

I wanted to thank you for the flowers you sent. I was very impressed. The fungus is very, very cool....I need to think of something special to do with it. Also, I appreciated your reduction for the gift certificate. You are the best!

I wish I could see the picture you put on your living room wall up closer. It looked beautiful!

Love you so much!
Lee