Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Pressing Poinsettia



I saw this new poinsettia with lighter spots in a local supermarket right after Thanksgiving. I just love the colors! It has done its Chirstmas decoration duties. Now it is well after the New Year, it is time to press.



It presses well with a Microfleur. I have been distributing this press.



Normally, one uses the cotton sheets that come with the press but I like to use a kitchen towel with brand name of VIVA.


Cut the color leaves out and lay them over the towel. Cover with another sheet of towel and pad. Lock the press and put into microwave over. I use high for 1 minute. It presses out beautifully. Dried color leaves are slightly darker than fresh ones.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate , thanks for the tip. I am curious ? Do you do the minute all together or in parts ?

infusion77 said...

I have been pressing them too lately. The beautiful array of colors (bright pink, multicolor and dark green) are stunning. I have to dab cutting site very well due to the milky sap. I am just pressing mine in books and they look amazing!

jhony said...

Wow the colors of these are so gorgeous! Now i want one as well! want it for my scrap book and to spruce it up