Monday, May 28, 2012

Goyang Korea International Floral Expo Award Ceremony–2012 Vacation Part 9

I finally became a millionaire. My two pictures brought two awards 500,000 each. The only regret is the awards are in won (not in dollars). LOL!

Actually, it does not matter how much the award is or even with any monetary awards, I am so happy that my works are being recognized.

We went to Goyang the 4th day in the morning.

Friends from China are all dressed up. Many with traditional dresses. I don’t have really fancy dresses now that I am living in a desert. I just brought one party dress. I did not wear high heels. It would be too tiring to see the flower show wearing high heels.

IMG_9257

There are many huge designs outside. I am so happy seeing so many fresh flowers.

IMG_9271

IMG_9272

IMG_9276

IMG_9277

IMG_9280

IMG_9281

I finally saw a few English words.

IMG_9282

The expo is huge! We just concentrate on pressed flower art.

IMG_9414

with a few friends from China.

IMG_9425

They listen to my analysis of works.

IMG_9442

After a simple Korean rice lunch, we are attending the award ceremony.

I am with professor Guoju Chen from South China Agricultural University (also a first price winner) and our friend, guide, translator – Huayu Yin.

IMG_9457

I am with Korean Pressed Flower Club’s president Ms. Lee.

IMG_9464

Receiving award certificate from mayor of Goyang.

IMG_9487

There were fresh flower bouquet for me too.

IMG_9490

Posting with other major award winners and the mayor.

IMG_9500

IMG_9511

Ms. Lee, Huayu, and other Chinese friends share our joy.

IMG_9514

The mayor of Goyang had a meeting with us. Goyang Agricultural Technology Center officers were there too. They were to listen to us on how they could improve on promoting pressed flower art.

I represent the World Wide Pressed Flower Guild and the Pressed Flower Guild wish we could have more exchanges. I have suggested Korean pressed flower art to enter other international competitions such as Philadelphia flower show and the WWPFG competitions.

IMG_9528

The mayor promised to have a real international expo (with more English) next year. They will also consider to compete in other international competitions.

IMG_9568

I am very moved. The Korean government is really helping promoting pressed flower art. Our US government has not done a thing. We are just doing the best we can as individuals and as a small non-profit organization. Korean pressed flower art has improved and has grown leaps and bounce in a very short time. Really wish we have such a good environment and resources too!

No comments: