Sunday, June 17, 2012

Kao Fong Hsi Pressed Flower Art Teachers Class (Day 1)–2012 Vacation part 21

The IPFAS Taiwan is located in Taipei N Zhongshan Road Section 1. There is an alley called Qitiaotong. This place has been a busy commercial area even during Japanese occupation. There are a lot of Japanese restaurants in this alley still. It is also a historic area of Taiwan. The main street of Zhongshan road is beautiful lined with big trees. There are all kinds of stores and restaurants. MTS station is right by here.
IMG_1426IMG_1428
I saw a lot of Japanese tourists holding maps and Japanese guide books stroking in this alley.
IMG_1429
There is a Plant Factory down stairs. It is so neat. Not only they sell plants, but also all kinds of organic food. It also sells coffee and tea.
IMG_1431
5th floor is where I will go.
IMG_1432
IPFAS Taiwan operates independently to provide pressed flower art teachers a platform for self improvement, exchange ideas, and also social. Every teacher has their turns to teach and share. This helped to make Taiwan pressed flower art at top level.
I have known many Taiwan teachers by their artworks in books, internet, and international competitions. Some have very unique style that I can always tell their names by looking at their works. However, I have never met them in person before. Thanks to Ms. Kao who brought me to their class. I had an opportunity to meet them in person, study together, and chat along. I was so happy. I have been an IPFAS member since 2000. This is the first time I am participating in an actual event and not just reading about it in the news magazine.
Ms. Lee Wenfeng is responsible for daily operation. She introduced our teacher - Ms. Kao Fong His and the assistant teacher - Ms. Cao Huilan.
IMG_1336
Some students. They are all actually famous pressed flower teachers in Taiwan. Many have won multiple international awards. Some have published books.
IMG_1337
This is the class sample. Flowers and leaves are blended together to form – Dream Come True.

Ms. Kao started to explain and demo.
IMG_1338
First she talked about the flowers and leaves.
IMG_1339
Then she demonstrated how to blend flowers and leaves to make large natural looking holly leaves and 3-D looking holly berries.
IMG_1379
Students all worked very hard. I was seated on the first seat. Ms. Chen Miaoxiang – a very experienced pressed flower teacher sat next to me. She took a good care of me. She explained things whenever I had trouble with Taiwan materials.
IMG_1360
There was a tea reception for Kao Fong Hsi Pressed Flower Art Exhibition at 4 o’clock in the afternoon.
I thought these were silk since every flower and leaf are perfect. Then I touched it. OMG! They are real fresh flowers.
IMG_1499
Mr. Yan – owner of the place introduced Ms. Kao. He congratulated her for a successful exhibition.
IMG_1402
Wow! Everything looked so delicious. I had to take some of each. What diet? We don’t have these in the desert. I will for sure not eat like this when I get back. LOL!
Taiwan food is sooooo good!
IMG_1403
Ms. Kao and I. She knew that I love this sunflower picture.
IMG_1400
Ms. Cao Huilan and I. She taught me the special pressing techniques the day before.
IMG_1401
Mr. Lin Wenzhang. I knew he won the pressed flower competition on Japanese TV challenge long ago. I am so glad to meet him in person. Mr. Yan and I had fun talking about the everyday things of US. Mr. Yan was a classmate with Nobuo. They followed the same professor to study chemistry in college. Mr. Yan said that he wanted this place a platform for everyone to exchange, relax, and having fun. His goal is not to make money here. Lucky IPFAS members in Taiwan!
IMG_1405
Ms. Chen Liwen. I love her works as well. I have invited her to teach a class in WWPFG conference in Guangzhou a couple of years ago. I am so happy to see her again.
IMG_1410
There were some Ms. Kao’s students came to see the exhibition. There were also general public who saw posters and came.
IMG_1406IMG_1407

1 comment:

Linda said...

I also really like to learn the artwork. I believe age is just the number of words when your heart is alive. Although I am a mother of kids, I will still learn the artwork.