Saturday, June 16, 2012

Taipei Kao Fong Hsi’s Pressed Flower Art Exhibition–2012 Vacation Part 19

I have contacted Ms. Kao before going to vacation. I wanted to take some classes from her and also wanted to see more of her works. I saw her works in Philadelphia flower show and in UK. I am very impressed. Besides, it was her book and the book of Mrs. Shucheng Gu got me started on the art side of pressed flower art. I see that Ms. Kao continue self improvement and continue to have new works. I really love her work personally. Her work is very detailed, delicate, and sophisticated. I love her style of using original botanical colors, shapes and textures. It just makes you wanting to see her work close up to discover the flowers and leaves. I often admire her wisdom on some flower utilization and also gasp on the beauties from the nature. Wow! Beautiful!

The 3rd day we arrived in Taiwan, I went to take a class on pressing whites and greens. As I arrived to the classroom, I was so drawn to Ms. Kao’s pictures. Fortunately I have arrived a little early so I could look at them first.

The glares of the indoor lights were a big problem. I have tried all angles and up and down. This is the best I can do.

I saw this sunflower picture on facebook. I just love this one! Ms. Kao is a master on making pressed flowers look 3-D.

The curtain is done with skeleton leaves and Queen Ann’s lace. It is not painting.

Monnet would have approved this one done with pressed flowers.

All done with pressed flowers.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Beautiful pictures!! Thanks for posting!

Jimy said...

These are real flowers pressed and dried or are these water paintings? They look so beautiful and are mesmerizing. Each art work tells its own story. Thanks for sharing!