Sunday, June 10, 2012

Lunch With Gurye County Government Officials–2012 Vacation Part 15

The views were fantastic in Gurye. It was a short drive from the Agricultural center.

IMG_9785

The restaurant looks more like a garden center from the outside.

miniIMG_9787

I  see the mini maple leaves again!

IMG_9793

Doug favors the lavish green mountains.

IMG_9798

County governor (right  3) is very nice and approachable. The person sat across from me is the manager of the agricultural technology center. He said “Kate Chu, I knew you for 10 years. I was the one that bought two of your pictures. Remember the Statue of Liberty?” He posted like holding a torch. OMG! I finally met the person who bought my pictures and made them their permanent collections.

IMG_9799

IMG_9800IMG_9802

Governor presented my award.

IMG_9810

Guoju got her award too.

IMG_9813

The governor told us that this is their famous wild collection feast. Everything was collected that morning from Gurye mountains.

IMG_1235

Plum tea.

IMG_1236

I see a viola.

IMG_1237

IMG_1238

IMG_1239

IMG_1240

IMG_1241

IMG_1242

IMG_1243

IMG_1244

IMG_1245

There were dried fruits and tea after meal. I just love the dried persimmon. The governor found out and asked them to find some more for me. The restaurant said that there were just a little bit left from last year’s harvest. They put all in a bag for me. The governor wishes we come back. He promised free rooms next time. I found out that the county has 2 million (US dollars) budget annually just for pressed flowers. Wow! This is just one county in Korea. No wonder they have such a huge pressed flower exhibition center and greenhouse and full-time staff for research and management. And they can do cash awards for pressed flower competition. I so envy the pressed flower environment in Korea.

2 comments:

cv writing service said...

WOW, such a lovely post and thanks for sharing all these splendid pictures with us here. I had a jolly time going through them. Best Wishes.

Sophie Grace said...

This is just the information I am finding everywhere. Thanks for your blog, I just subscribe your blog. This is a nice blog.. picbear