Sunday, June 17, 2012

TaiwanTraditional Lunch - 2012 VacationPart22

I went out with a few pressed flower teacher for a traditional Taiwan lunch first day lunch time.

IMG_1361

IMG_1362

Bean threads were stirred before I remembered about taking pictures.

IMG_1363

Take a picture of friend’s noodle.

IMG_1364

There was a box of colorful paper folding. I asked what is it for?

IMG_1365

Friends told me that it for holding fish bones. The store owner folds old magazine pages. It can be opened up as below to hold food waste. No need to wash more dishes. It also keeps the table clean.

IMG_1366

Most of the customers ordered fresh water bass. I lost the ability to eat fish with lots of Y shaped bones. I ordered the deep sea red fish. The lady owner gave me a large dish and helped me to take the fish out. She said those who live out of the country should not mix fish with soup. It is dangerous if small bones were get into throat. I feel Taiwan love with small things like this.

IMG_1367

1 comment:

Lewis Clark said...

what a beautiful post this is. Well organized and decorated with some wonderful imagery. I would like to taste some noodles and fish soup if you don't mind. :)